Ass. I thought putting it in the title was a bit much. Any way, the last two weeks have sucked but I’ve been working daily to pull myself out of it and thought I’d share some of my tips with you. Because I’m such an awesome and thoughtful person. You’re welcome. Anyway…
- Acknowledge that you’re experiencing a few shitty things, that you feel like crap but don’t stay there. Basically, get your head out of your ass.
- You’re not the only one going through tough times. Last weekend, I spent all weekend sulking. The entire weekend. On Sunday, husband got a call from a church member who didn’t have any food. When dropping groceries off, we found out he didn’t have electricity either. Everyone has their thing or worse.
- Take a bath. You guys, I take showers and rarely take baths. My water bill is already too high and the quality of the water is questionable so I reserve baths for places I can fill up the tub without anxiety such as my grandparents house (who have $12 bills) and hotels. Add essential oils, sea salt, epsom salt, coconut milk or Rosewater for a spa-like experience. After, you’ll feel super relaxed.
- Exercise. Exercise reduces stress, releases endorphin and alleviates anxiety. My go-to exercise these days is walking through my neighborhood and judging neighbors with husband and struggling yoga poses in my living room.
- Binge watch a TV show, get wrapped up in their fictional drama. In one week, I finished 2 seasons of Jane the Virgin. She just met her Dad, was accidentally artificially inseminated, had two men fighting over her and a whole bunch of other crap.
- Buy a journal, bitch there. Although sympathetic, your family and friends will get tired of you. If you’re like me, you’ll carry it with you so you can immediately express how you feel. “Dear Journal, I want to punch her in the face.”
- Do something special. Get a mani and pedi or buy yourself a cupcake
or kick a toddler.
- Take a mini vacation. I almost always visit my family when having a tough time. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to lay in Mom’s bosom and with all the flooding, I would have to take a boat into Louisiana. Another reminder that things aren’t so bad…
- Pray, meditate, smudge and repeat. Although it doesn’t seem effective (yet), I have a prayer squad. Just knowing that makes me feel better.
- Know that it won’t last… I think.
Ok, who else is feeling it? Share your story, make me feel better. Send a virtual hug, you guys know I don’t like being touched…
If I haven’t made you depressed (even if I have) subscribe to Pink Gumbeaux, the NEWSLETTER, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin. Read where it all started: Faux Product Review 28: Make Up For Ever High Definition Pressed Powder