I’m sure the formula for Benefit’s They’re Real! Push-Up Liner and Lengthening Mascara hasn’t changed which is why I linked one of my older reviews in yesterday’s post. I’ve been using the mascara for a while so I dug through my older posts and….it’s sort of horrible -_- I’ve come a long way as a blogger. With that being said, allow me to reintroduce Benefit’s They’re Real Push-Up Liner *insert applause here* For more, read here!
No one told me! You come here, read my posts and maybe chuckle. This relationship isn’t balanced at all. All you do is take, take and take! Basically, I just found about Benefit’s colored mascara and liner… I just happened to stroll into Ulta and was hit with a display of They’re Real Lengthening Mascara now offered in brown and blue but the kicker is their Push-up Liner in colors brown, blue, green and purple. For more, read here!
Similar to music reviews, I don’t know what I’m doing but here goes. Interestingly, Lila & Eve is also available “on demand” so I watched it at my apartment opposed to paying $100 at the movie theater (over exaggeration but not really). Staring Viola Davis and Jennifer Lopez, Lila’s (Viola Davis) son is murdered resulting in her joining a support group of mothers who’ve lost their children to violence. As a result of meeting Eve (Jennifer Lopez), they concoct a plan to seek revenge on Stephon’s (Lila’s son) murderers. For more, read here!
A friend of mine told me that once you turn 30, things change overnight; for example, one’s metabolism. As of now I’m two months or so from 30 and am already noticing things:
- Keeping up with the latest apps is a struggle. What’s Snapchat and how is it different from Instagram? I’ve downloaded Periscope but have yet to post a video, it’s just taking up space on my phone.
- Who are these new rappers and singers that all sound the same? I remember hearing my grandparents say this about the music I listened to. What’s worse is some of the associated dances. You will not see me whip or Nae Nae, I’m too much of a stick in the mud. Side note: Silento sounds like a cooking ingredient -_-
- Social media behavior. This hasn’t been as much as a struggle for me because I do have people I can complain to offline but on the other hand…
- Reaching 30 has allowed me to come to a place where I sincerely do not care. I’m comfortable with myself more than ever and the very very very small segment of people I care about accept me; therefore, why would I care about the opinion of others? Side note: I’ve encountered more gossip and rumors as an adult then in elementary, middle and high schools.
- Health and exercise matters. Just two years ago, I was at my ideal weight. I remember complaining about loosing 10 pounds but now I have waaaaaay more to work off. I’m not concerned about society’s criteria, I just enjoy shopping in the junior’s department. It’s cheaper. Most importantly, I don’t want Hypertension, Diabetes and other associated illnesses that plague the African American community.
- My body plays no games… Although I still don’t like to use public restrooms, I’m getting to a point where I may not have a choice. I can no longer hold anything in over a long period of time.
- My tolerance towards certain foods have changed. Another thing I’m not doing late, eating. I recently started experiencing heartburn when consuming certain foods or eating late and it’s very uncomfortable. Me to Husband: “either I’m having a heart attack or heartburn, I’m not sure.” Husband: “It’s probably heartburn.” Me: “I think I’m dying…”
- I have little to no desire to do anything past 8:30 P.M. Look, I have things to do and a life to balance. I need to start prepping for the next day and get a good night’s sleep so I can get up early enough to workout, have breakfast and pretend to be a morning person.
- I need more than money from my career. I’m on my 3rd degree so clearly I want a good quality of life; however, I’m over punching in, walking around like a zombie and punching out. I’m no Malala Yousafzai but I would love to leave a little footprint.
- 20 somethings get on my nerves and I want out. Some of the things they care about, talk about it is just….grrrrrrr. I think my younger self was pretty cool. Work and school has always been important to me but if I could give advice to others I would say: Dating is not a priority, save and invest (you are never too young), don’t get credit cards, keep your future in mind and travel!
I’m back, giving you awkward music reviews because I don’t know what I’m doing…
Nonetheless, I wanted to introduce you to Jack Garratt and his most recent EP entitled Synesthesiac (in the event you didn’t already know). I was introduced to Jack Garratt through his song “The Love You’re Given” while listening to Apple’s Beats 1. After, I did a little research and there isn’t much out there. He’s a British multi-instrumentalist, singer and producer. Can someone create a Wikipedia page for this guy? Apparently, this is his second EP and if you sneeze, you’ll miss it. There are only 4 songs… For more, read here!