Hey everyone, I hope you’re having a great holiday season. I usually tell you guys I’m on vacay but just kind of disappeared for a week…lol. You guys are a smart group, I knew you would figure it out.
On yesterday, my mom and me were having a grand ole time laughing at the comments and questions we get about our Sisterlocks. Although Sisterlocks are over twenty years old, it appears to be one of the newest wonders of the world or south or maybe just our immediate environments, lol. Without further ado, here’s the list!
- What are those? Are they braids? The weaving technique gives the appearance of braids but they’re just tiny locks.
- Why are they so small? In addition to the weaving technique and parting grid, there should be at least 400 locks for them to be considered Sisterlocks.
- *Funky expression on their face* ARE YOU GOING TO LET YOUR HAIR LOCK? Of course not, I got 1 million baby locks installed for the holidays -_-
- How long did it take? Me: “20 hrs.” Inquirer: *falls out, rolls down street, catches breath* “I couldn’t sit there that long.”
- How much did they cost? Me: *says price that is very uncomfortable to inquirer* Inquirer: *faints* For some, the upfront cost may be a lot. For my wigs and weavers, not so much. It’s definitely an investment but considering I haven’t put much effort into my hair over the last week and used zero products, I think it was worth it.
- Do you ever do anything else to them? Do you ever style them? Yeah so I’m not doing much of that *shoulder shrug*
- Can they be taken out? Yes, but why would I? Factor in the amount of time it took and costs of installation and relocking and you’ll know these are going to be with me forever.
- Is that all of your hair??? Although faux locks are a new trend, Sisterlocks requires the use of your real hair.
BONUS: I could never get my hair done like that… Um…yeah, I didn’t ask if you could…lol.
Remember when your elementary teacher told you there was no such thing as a stupid comment or question??? Well, she lied 🙂 Just kidding, I’m here to educate you *gives death stare*