I’ve just come to the realization that I have 3 pictures of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s…does that make me obsessed??? :/
Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my favorite movies (wedged in between Gone with the Wind & The Sound of Music). Why? First and foremost, it’s starring Audrey Hepburn…yea…take it in…lol.
Sort of…kind of…brief synopsis:
“In an idealized New York City during the early ’60s, Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) is a charming socialite with a youthful zest for life who lives alone in a nearly bare apartment. She has such a flippant lifestyle that she won’t even give her cat a name, because that would be too much of a commitment to a relationship. Maintaining a childlike innocence yet wearing the most perfect of designer clothes and accessories from Givenchy, she spends her time on expensive dates and at high-class parties. She escorts various wealthy men, yet fails to return their affections after they have given her gifts and money. Holly’s carefree independence is changed when she meets her neighbor, aspiring writer Paul (George Peppard), who is suffering from writer’s block while being kept by a wealthy woman (Patricia Neal). Just when Holly and Paul are developing their sweet romance, Doc (Buddy Ebsen) appears on the scene and complicates matters, revealing the truth about Holly’s past. Breakfast at Tiffany’s was nominated for several Academy awards, winning Best Score for Henry Mancini and Best Song for Johnny Mercer‘s classic tune “Moon River”.
I feel like I share some similarities with her character (Holly Golightly) such as:
- Overdressing (I overdress at work, to parties and even wear fake pearls while laying around my apartment on weekends)
- Pastry and coffee for breakfast (yep, this is pretty much my breakfast every morning #badgirl)
- Manhattan socialite (of course, this ideal is all in my head, lol)
- Stray cat (I adopted a stray cat for about 6 months and I miss that little guy)
- My need to stare at expensive things through the windows of Saks and Tiffany’s (my Dad had to literally peel me off the window…lol).
- My transformation from the semi-hood of New Orleans to being ultra bougie, lol.
Overall, this movie is a classic and I never get tired of watching it! This weekend’s homework: rent this movie, buy yourself a bottle of wine, grab a blanket and tell me what you think!
Side note: I have that same picture hanging in my bedroom 🙂