|Meow Leslie, oops, I meant Ryan Leslie! LOL|
Accessorizing is my favorite part of dressing up. I can feel blah about my day or a particular outfit but when I add a statement necklace, hat or purse, it turns my day around (shallow much?) Lol. Any who, it got me thinking about men and why they don’t accessorize enough.
Please note: I’m talking about my current environment. While New Orleans is a bit more fashion forward and trendy, men here are all tough and rugged. Too much accessorizing may bring about whispering here but that’s a whole different story…
So how can manly men accessorize?
- Sun Shades & Cool Frames. It’s sunny out, you wear glasses because your a blind bat or you just like the frames…whatever the case, buy some! This totally alters your look.
- Hats! This is another thing to turn you from blah to MEOW! Also, by hats I mean fedoras and driving caps. I’m totally over baseball and knit caps. Grow up!
- Scarfs. It’s fall and getting a little chilly. Might as well warm up but look fashionable at the same time 🙂
- Bracelets, Watches, Necklaces & Rings. Guys, this is not a bling bling situation…mostly because this is a broke blogger talking to you, lol. Any who, it doesn’t have to be gold, silver or diamonds to look good (you shallow pricks).
- Ties & Bow Ties. *insert Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie”*
- Belts & Suspenders. Guys, can we get out of that dark brown/black option?! Add a little color, a little pop!
- Backpacks? I actually wish I had a backpack…too many books for this little studded tote but I digress. Backpacks are a cool alternative to brief cases and such. Plus, its better for your shoulders (you’re welcome)!
So, if you haven’t noticed, I listed everything but didn’t provide you with stores… This is because I have favorite stores and I’m confident they can help with the above! They include but are not limited to Urban Oufittters, Target, JCPenny, Forever 21 (21 Men), Aldo, TOPMAN & Zara.